- Books Name
- Science Made Easy Science Book
- Science Made Easy
- CBSE Class 9
Suspension and its properties
A suspension is a heterogeneous mixture in which the the solute particles do not dissolve but
remain suspended throughout the bulk of the medium. Ex: Chalk in water, smoke in the air.
Properties of Suspension :
1. It is a heterogeneous mixture.
2. Particles of a suspension are visible to the naked eye.
3. Size of the particles is greater than 100 nm.
4. It is unstable mixture. Solute settles down at the bottom over period of time.
5. If the solution is passed through filter paper, solute and solvent gets separated.
6. It scatters light when light is passed through the solution i.e. it shows Tyndall effect.