- Books Name
- Science Made Easy Science Book
- Science Made Easy
- CBSE Class 9
What is Uniform Circular Motion?
The movement of a body following a circular path is called a circular motion. Now, the motion of a body moving with constant speed along a circular path is called Uniform Circular Motion. Here, the speed is constant but the velocity changes.
So if a particle is moving in a uniform circular motion:
1) Its speed is constant
2) Velocity is changing at every instant
Uniform Circular Motion Examples
Following are the examples of uniform circular motion:
- Motion of artificial satellites around the earth is an example of uniform circular motion. The gravitational force from the earth makes the satellites stay in the circular orbit around the earth.
- The motion of electrons around its nucleus.
- The motion of blades of the windmills.
- The tip of second’s hand of a watch with circular dial shows uniform circular motion.
Formula for veocity in UCM -
where R is radius of circle, T is time taken
Continue reading to
Join any of the batches using this book