- Books Name
- Science Made Easy Science Book
- Science Made Easy
- CBSE Class 9
Types of Motion
There are three types of motion:
• Translatory motion
• Rotatory motion
• Vibratory motion
• In translatory motion the particle moves from one point in space to another. This motion may be along a straight line or along a curved path.
• Motion along a straight line is called rectilinear motion.
• Motion along a curved path is called curvilinear motion.
• Example: A car moving on a straight road
• Rotatory Motion - In rotatory motion, the particles of the body describe concentric circles about the axis of motion. Rotatory Motion
• Vibratory Motion - In vibratory motion the particles move to and fro about a fixed point.