- Books Name
- Science Made Easy Science Book
- Science Made Easy
- CBSE Class 9
• In the physical world, one of the most common phenomena is motion.
• The branch of Physics, which deals with the behavior of moving objects, is known as mechanics.
• Mechanics is further divided into two sections namely Kinematics and Dynamics.
• Kinematics deals with the study of motion without taking into account the cause of motion.
• Dynamics is concerned with the cause of motion, namely force.
Motion and Rest
• An object is said to be in motion if it changes its position with respect to its surroundings in a given time.
• An object is said to be at rest if it does not change its position with respect to its surroundings.
Rest & Motion Relative terms?