- Books Name
- CBSE Class 6 Science Book
- Param Publication
- CBSE Class 6
• After fertilization an ovule develops into an seed
• The seed contains stored food which is used in the development of a new plant.
• The Seed contains :
• A seed contains the plumule which grows into the shoot and the radicle which grows into the root.
• Seed has one or two seed leaves or cotyledons which contain food for the baby plant.
• A seed coat that generally covers the seed and it protects the seed
• The fruit :
• The fruit is ovary of the flower develops into fruit and the ovules in it become seeds after fertilization.
• A fruit is actually a ripened ovary and seeds are ripened ovules of a flower.
Cut section of Mango and Tamato