- Books Name
- class 8 th Mathematics Book
- CBSE Class 8
Parallelogram and its elements, Properties of parallelogram
Parallelogram and its elements
A parallelogram is a quadrilateral whose opposite sides are parallel and equal.
Elements of parallelogram: Parallelogram is made up of four sides and four angles. There are some terms we usually use to denote parallelogram.
- Opposite sides
- Opposite angles
- Adjacent sides and
- Adjacent angles.
Let's see the elements of the parallelogram ABCD.
- The side AB is opposite to the side CD and the side AD is opposite to the side BC. The angle A is opposite to the angle C and the angle B is opposite to the angle D.
- The side AB is adjacent to the side BC because one of the sides starts where the other ends. In here, the side AB ends at the vertex B and the side BC starts from there.
- The angles A and B are adjacent angles as they are at the ends of the same side AB.
Properties of parallelogram
In a parallelogram, the following properties are true:
- the opposite sides are equal in length.
- the opposite angles are equal in measure.
- the adjacent angles are supplementary.
- the diagonals bisect each other.
Continue reading to
Join any of the batches using this book