- Books Name
- CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Book
- Param Publication
- CBSE Class 7
The numbers of the form p/q, where p and q are integers and q ≠0 are called rational numbers.
• All natural numbers, whole numbers, integers and fractions are rational numbers.
• A fraction is a rational number, but a rational number may or may not be a fraction.
• Zero is also a rational number.
• Every natural number is a rational number but a rational number need not be a natural number.
EQUIVALENT RATIONAL NUMBERS
Two rational numbers are said to be equivalent if their standard forms are same.